About the book
These are the books I especially enjoyed reading when researching Shattered:
- Madonna and Child. Towards a New Politics of Motherhood by Melissa Benn
- Fatherhood Reclaimed. The Making of the Modern Father by Adrienne Burgess
- A Life’s Work. On Becoming a Mother by Rachel Cusk.
- The rocking of the cradle and the ruling of the world by Dorothy Dinnerstein.
- The Mommy Myth. The Idealization of Motherhood and How It Has Undermined All Women by Susan Douglas and Meredith Michaels.
- Life After Birth by Kate Figes.
- Couples. The Truth by Kate Figes.
- The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan.
- The Bitch in the House. 26 Women Tell the Truth about Sex, Solitude, Work, Motherhood and Marriage edited by Cathi Hanauer.
- Making Sense of Motherhood. A Narrative Approach by Tina Miller.
- Making Sense of Fatherhood. Gender, Caring and Work by Tina Miller.
- Becoming a Mother by Ann Oakley
- The Ann Oakley Reader by Ann Oakley
- One Dimensional Woman by Nina Power
- Of Woman Born: Motherhood as Experience and Institution by Adrienne Rich.
- Misconceptions by Naomi Wolf.